While getting set to commence the process of extracting moringa oil from the seeds, it is important to do one or two things. Follow these steps in preparing your seeds before extraction:
- Harvest pods when fully mature. (If you have a Moringa farm to harvest from)
- Open the pods to remove seeds. See picture of open moringa pods below.
- Sort seeds and remove any that are bad, moldy or rotten.
- Sun Dry seeds - moisture content should NOT be higher than 10%.
- Remove husks or seed coats; you may dehull (shell) only 50%.
- Separate the seeds from the chaff by winnowing.
- Now your seeds are ready for the mill. Go ahead and extract the oil.