Anyway, to start with, what is a miracle soup?
Not to keep you in suspense, IT IS CALLED MIRACLE SOUP because of the CHIEF ingredient(Moringa oleifera leaves), known as MIRACLE PLANT - The leaves of "Ewé ilé"/"Ewe igbálé"/Idagbo monoyé(YORUBA), "Zogale"(HAUSA), "Odudu oyibo"/"Okwe oyibo"(IBO) or "Jelegede"(TIV).
Now what is the recipe for the soup?
Good question, read on...
1. Get ½ cup fresh leaves OR [1 Tbs. moringa leaf powder dissolved in 3-4 Tbs. warm water]
2. 9 pieces okra, cut in halves or thirds
3. 2 cups diced pumpkin, seeds removed and rind on
4. 1 quart chicken stock
5. ¾ cup diced eggplant OR African eggplant(Garden Egg)
6. ¾ cup cut string beans
7. ¼ cup Moringa Oil
8. 2 tsp. minced garlic
9. ½ cup diced onion
10. ¾ cup diced medium tomato
11. ¼ lb. flaked smoked fish or 1 Tbs. fish sauce
12. Sea salt and ground pepper to taste.
Now do this:
(a) In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, boil the pumpkin in the chicken stock for 10 minutes.
(b.) Add the eggplant(or garden egg), okra, and string beans, and boil the vegetables until they are tender, about 7–10 minutes.
(c.) While the soup is cooking, midly heat the Moringa oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and stir-fry until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
(d.) Add the tomato to the sauté pan and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add the flaked fish or fish sauce and cook an additional 5 minutes.
(e.) Remove soup from heat and stir in the sauté mixture. Add the moringa leaves or powder. Season with the salt and pepper.
Now that you are done cooking...
Serve with Pounded yam, laughs, as a Tiv man na, Pounded yam is the only "NAFDAC" approved swallow!
Enjoy your sumptuous meal! :D